Helen's Doll Saga

Go nuts for Dolls! dollsaga.ecrater.com

  • March 2011
    S M T W T F S
  • Recent Posts

  • Archives

eBay takes advantage of small sellers…

Posted by helen on March 25, 2011

If you have a limited selling history—90 days or less from your first sale, 25 or fewer sales transactions or $250 or less total sales since your first sale—or if you have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard, your buyer’s payment will first show as pending in your PayPal account. Funds will be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery when you upload tracking information, or 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don’t upload tracking but mark the item as shipped. If no shipping information is provided to eBay—you don’t upload tracking information or mark the item as shipped—funds will be available 21 days after the buyer pays.

holding  your buyers payment  up for 21 days?   ebay just wants to  use your fund without paying you interests.   eBay loves to  abuse sellers,  as if sellers are not  its customers but its enemies,   I wish eBay remebers the failure it had in China,  latecomer TaoBao.com  kicked ebay out of China & gave eBay no chance to return!

eBay tries to rip of sellers in every way possible,   TaoBao beats eBay’s greediness effortlessly. According to http://www.thomascrampton.com/china/taobao-china-ecommerce/:

…. Taobao was a relative latecomer to the market – founded by Alibaba in 2003 – yet succeeded in rapidly taking on, and humiliating, eBay in this market by adopting a ‘free of charge’ strategy to compete with eBay’s listing fee model. How then to make money?

The answer is advertising. Taobao’s traffic makes it (according to Alexa.com) already the 5th largest website in China behind Baidu, QQ (Tencent), Sina and Google’s Chinese site. Over 80% of Taobao’s c. USD 300 million estimated 2009 revenues came from advertising, mostly ‘pay for performance’ ads as well as ‘pay for transaction’ and brand advertisements. The remaining 20% of revenues were generated between commissions that Taobao charges on its new (launched in 2008) Taobao Mall – a B2C area within its C2C platform – and value added services for merchants. Of course not (yet) charging transaction fees means that the “take rate” of Alibaba – the revenue generated for the company vs. the GMV – is only c. 1% vs 7.9% in the case of eBay, but this also explains the rapid increases in the GMV and the barriers for other contenders to take on Taobao.

see how smart TaoBao is?  eBay is only  good at abusing sellers &  protecting buyers who are scammers like infamous Rimma Likover!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: