This fair has a little bit more traffic than last year’s.
I spent very little time at the fair, as I am more interested in the shops near the covention center than the toy fair itself.
I paid Barbie a visit at Toy Fair
There are a few new dolls at Mattel’s booth.
1. 4 Barbie Basic dolls. they are cute, but not the best looking dolls if yo mix them with the first 12 Basic dolls. Instead of Jersey, the black dresses are now made of Nylon, still low quality fabric. if you want to wear a Black dress, make sure you wear a quality one: style, cutting, fabric, workmanship, everything should be perfect… same rules apply to your business suits.
2. Wizard of Oz™ Vintage Assortment: they are very nice, I would buy Doroth and Glinda. the witch doll has greenish skin tone, I probably wont buy her, I would rather have her in pale white skin tone.
3. Happy Holiday Dolls: red glittering top with full white skirt. pictures are not allowed, but BZ posted a group picture in her photo album, Holiday Dolls are displayed above the Wizard of Oz™ Vintage Assortments. I like the AA dolls, but the facial screening of the CC doll does not appeal to me.
4. Bond girls: I am planning to buy the Halle Berry Doll, but the shape of her face looks strange, it is very much a “Diamond” shape, the doll isnt as pretty as the actress. she may look much better if they change her hair style. I will buy Octopussy as well, as her facemold is sort of special
5.Repros, Pop cultures & 80s: they not my cup of tea. I ignore them.
6. silkstone: 4 on dsiplay. 3 palm beach dolls: swimsuit, breeze and coral. I like Swimsuit & coral, Breeze doll doenst meet my expectation. Her makeup is pretty dark , in different shades of blue, the colors match her loud Caftan– but all blended together, it looks pretty busy, nothing stand out. the facial screening is not as pretty as the other 2. if this is the final production, I give up on her.
the other one is supposed to be Silkstone’s 10th Anniversary doll, she is very pretty, light blond hair, light blue eye shadows, pale pink lips, she wears an aqua blue satin gown with sequins & chiffon ruffles. very soft pastel colors. I think her price would be more than $150. pictures are not allowed, I took a long shot, and was totally a failure
7. landmark dolls: they are very photogenic, but if you see them in person, you’d be less impressed, again, cheap fabric was used to make these gowns. I dont undertand mattel, fabric really doesnt cost much, why not choosing better fabrics? also, it may be a new trend, these dolls have no eyelashes. neither painted nor rooted, they have no eyelashes.
8. Christian Louboutin: 3 dolls are on display. I liked none of them. the skin tone looks strange, like they had too much drink (you know some people’s faces turn into red after drinking) I dont like their costume design either.
9. Couture Angel: she reminds me of Carter Bryant’s Grand Entrance.
10. I love Lucy: gosh, Lucy is getting uglier & uglier. the “Lucy is Envious” Kelly set looks scary, the noses.. terrible
11. dolls of the world: nothing new, only saw Italy & russia
12. I was hoping to see a silkstone Ken doll, but not even a sign of him, no sugar daddy, no spicy brother, no cool dude… nothing!
there are too many playline dolls on display, I have not kept myself updated with playline, so I cant even tell which ones are new, and which ones are already in the stores…. Barbie loves buzz, Barbie loves Aliens, Made for each other…. sorry, I dont remeber.
I also visited Tonner & other doll companies. tonner’s Jacob doll looks much better than Mattel’s